This ad is expired.
The Transfer Coordinator is the primary point of contact in the Registrar's Office for information related to the transfer of credit and ensures the accurate evaluation and posting of transfer credit from all sources. The Coordinator will ensure that correct information regarding course equivalences is provided on the SU website, articulation agreements, ARTSYS/Quottly, and the Transfer Equivalency System (TES). The Coordinator will implement participation with TES and maintain the efficient operation of the database system. The Coordinator applies best practices to develop processes and procedures for evaluating transfer credit and updating transfer equivalences and keeps current with AACRAO best practices to recommend and implement new transfer policies and initiatives. The Coordinator works in collaboration with the Director of Transfer Admissions and the Vice Provost for Outreach, and serves as a member of the Registrar's Office team to support events and initiatives as assigned.
Department: Registrar's Office
Bachelors degree plus two years of progressively responsible experience in a Registrars Office, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of transfer student processes as well as experience working with student information systems (e.g. Ellucian Colleague) and systems such as TES or Transferology preferred.
- Highly organized with focus on detail, accuracy, reasoning, problem-solving skills, and efficient workflow.
- Ability to maintain and process confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Exceptional technical skills and demonstrated proficiency using Ellucian Colleague (or other data information systems), Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of academic rules and regulations.
- Ability to research and troubleshoot challenges regarding transfer articulation.
- Knowledge of student record confidentiality issues and expertise in interpretation and enforcement of University, state, and federal regulations (e.g. FERPA).
- Excellent interpersonal and cultural competency skills, commitment to modeling inclusive behavior and promoting a culture of belonging, and demonstrated ability to communicate and work collaboratively and effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Experience managing projects, including software system implementations, integrations, and migrations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with undergraduate students, working adults, faculty and staff, administrators, parents, as well as external and internal reporting agencies.
- Excellent planning and team-building skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, set priorities, meet deadlines, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Sound professional judgment, flexibility, willingness to learn and implement new technologies, and the highest standards of professional ethics and integrity.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Sitting standing, walking; talking; hearing; keyboarding and repetitive motions. Close visual acuity. Subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Serve as the Universitys expert and primary point of contact in the Registrars Office for information related to the transfer of credit.
- Ensure the accurate evaluation and timely posting of transfer credit from all sources, including accredited institutions; examinations; portfolio review, study abroad, etc., for new, continuing, and transfer students.
- Implement the Transfer Equivalency System (TES), including the public facing website and serve as the universitys administrator and trainer in use of the TES.
- Maintain the Universitys system of record for course equivalences, including updating course equivalencies as required via the curriculum approval process and other relevant procedures.
- Finalize the ARTSYS/Quottly integration and ensure accuracy of the data.
- Monitor and facilitate the review and completion of student requests for transfer course review submitted through Quottly and TES.
- Collaborate with Admissions, the Center for Student Success, and other relevant stakeholders to maintain accuracy of data and reports for students identified as needing credit evaluation.
- Lead the effort to create and implement procedures for academic departments and programs to approve equivalency changes.
- Maintain consistency and compliance for transfer credit and credit for prior learning.
- Assist with determining the transferability and applicability of credit from other institutions.
- Serve as the University representative with community colleges and other institutions regarding the transferability and applicability of credit from other institutions to SU.
- Review transfer student academic records for community college reverse transfer agreement eligibility.
- Collaborate on transfer and articulation agreements between other institutions and SU, and regularly review agreements to ensure accuracy.
- Regularly review policies and procedures related to transfer credit evaluation and recommend changes as warranted.
- Maintain, update, and process regular reports including, but not limited to, repeated coursework, dual enrollments, and evaluation/equivalency inconsistencies.
- Assist the Academic Evaluator with transfer credit data entry and evaluation, as needed, especially during peak periods.
- Pursue professional development opportunities including, but not limited to keeping current with AACRAO transfer credit best practices.
- Remain informed on current legislation and MHEC regulations regarding transfer credit and how it impacts SU policy and procedures.
- Ensure excellent customer service and manage correspondence of transfer credit communications for students, faculty, advisors, staff, and others.
- Represent the University on transfer-related committees (internal and external) as requested.
- Serve as a member of the Registrars Office team to support events and initiatives as assigned. (e.g. information sessions, new student orientations, and open houses)
Reports To: Associate Registrar
Work Location: Owings Mills
Position Category: Staff
Open Until Filled: No
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stevenson.peopleadmin.com
EOE/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency