This ad is expired.
Senior Associate Dean of Admissions
Job No: 496588
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Enrollment - Admissions & Financial Aid
Bucknell University seeks curious and passionate students to join our community of explorers, artists and innovators. The Senior Associate Dean of Admissions will play a key role in helping the University identify these future students.
The Senior Associate Dean of Admissions is a member of the staff of the Office of Admissions and contributes to the overall recruitment and selection efforts of Bucknell University. Responsibilities include overseeing the application review process, serving as the head of the Admissions Office in the absence of the Dean of Admissions, representing Bucknell to a wide and diverse audience on and off campus, traveling several weeks each year, corresponding with prospective students and their families, and participating in the review and selection of Bucknell applicants.The Senior Associate Dean reports to the Dean of Admissions, and works in collaboration with other Admissions team members.
All Admissions team members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
1. Selection Process
- Oversee all aspects of the application review process. This includes developing training sessions for all admission readers, ensuring consistency in the application review process, managing the application review timeline, closely collaborating with the Office of Financial Aid, providing guidance for merit scholarship selection timelines, providing guidance to the application review scheduling team, and supervising the part-time reading staff.
- Manage the communications plan for the first-year and scholarship application processes.
- Manage all post admittance and enrollment processes including but not limited to enrollment deposit follow-up, self-reported test scores and test optional policies.
-Co-manage the wait list with the Dean of Admissions.
2. Office Leadership and Management
- Serve as senior advisor to the Dean of Admissions, and serve as head of the Office of Admissions in the absence of the Dean of Admissions.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the Off-Campus Recruitment team including, but not limited to, domestic and international recruitment, high school visits, college fairs, off-campus receptions, yield events, and effectively using University resources on recruitment activities. Use data to analyze the effectiveness of all recruitment activities and make recommendations for changes to existing recruitment or the implementation of new recruitment tactics.
- Expand off-campus yield programming in collaboration with the admission counselor who liaises with The Center for Alumni & Family Engagement.
- Supervise full-time and part-time staff.
3. Recruitment & Territory Management
- Manage territory, including all recruiting and yield activities, within a designated geographic areas. This entails admissions travel to participate in college fairs and high school visits, correspondence with a wide spectrum of constituencies including but not limited to students, parents, guidance counselors, and community-based organizations.
- Build, maintain, and strengthen a support network consisting of alumni, parents, and friends of the University within designated territories.
- Manage special interest group(s) to enhance the scope of recruitment to enroll and shape a diverse first-year class.
- Collaborate and partner with faculty, staff, and current students to recruit and yield prospective students.
- Review and evaluate applications from a highly competitive applicant pool.
- Assist in the daily operation of the office and serving as a Counselor of the Day, conducting group presentations and meeting individuals and families as needed.
- Contribute to the dialogue with secondary school officials on behalf of the University.
- Correspond with prospective students and their families. Involve alumni in the recruiting process.
- Conduct on-going prospect management with potential Bucknell applicants.
4. Management of applicant pool
- Serve as a vertical manager, the senior admissions officer responsible for applicants to one of the six divisions of the Bucknell undergraduate admissions pool of candidates. This includes serving as a secondary or tertiary reader on applications to the assigned division and making final decisions or recommending further review to the Dean of Admissions.
- Serve as a liaison to one of the three Colleges within the University.
- Work with the Dean of the assigned College and others in the division to plan and monitor achievement of initial enrollment goals.
- Advise College administration and faculty on recruitment and yield activities.
- Oversee the selection of the Pricewaterhousecoopers Scholarship.
5. Other Professional Responsibilities
- Contribute as needed to major office programs not detailed above at the direction of the Dean of Admissions and University senior administration.
- Serve on the admissions office leadership group. Participate in policy decisions impacting the office. Contribute to personnel management decisions.
- Remain knowledgeable, current, and responsive to changes in office protocol and procedure.
- Attend Admissions staff meetings and retreats as requested.
- Participate in professional development opportunities, conferences, and other activities, as requested and approved.
- Serve on other University committees, task forces, and advisory boards, as requested.
- Assume other duties as requested by the Dean of Admissions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Seven (7) years of relevant experience, including at least five years of progressively responsible experience working in college admissions and/or with high school students from multicultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of and appreciation for highly selective liberal arts institutions
- Valid US driver's license
- Prior experience managing staff, students, or volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, work with sensitive issues, and exercise good judgment under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in an organized and efficient manner in an environment that requires one to be able to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Willingness to take initiative and be creative
Some evening and weekend work will be required, so the Senior Associate Dean must be committed to working flexible hours to meet office needs.
- Master's degree
- Experience with selective admissions at a liberal arts college or college counseling of high-ability students
The ability to lift boxes weighing up to 30 lbs. is required.
For more information:
Please visit the Admissions page on the Bucknell website or contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496588/senior-associate-dean-of-admissions
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency