The Director of Internships and Career Development leads the School of Diplomacy and International Relations Internship program and affiliated course work for undergraduate and graduate students. There are two primary aspects to the role. One aspect is to work with internship sites and develop opportunities for students to participate in internships. The second aspect is to work with students in career and professional development exercises in preparation for the internship experience. The Director works with students to create a professional experience that allows them to apply academic principles learned in the classroom.The Director of Internships and Career Development is responsible for four courses in the curriculum, DIPL 3111, DIPL 4111, DIPL 7111, DIPL 7112.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Identify and cultivate internships and relationships with internship host sites.. Lead internship development and placement with organizations, constituents, and other alliances related to the School of Diplomacy and International Relations. Generate internship opportunities and contacts through research on school's alumni, faculty and administrator contacts. Engage and establish relationships with internship sites and prospective internship sponsors.
2. Discern student interests and goals . Work one on one with students to develop awareness of student internship interest, professional aspect of internship and internship search strategy. Investigate industry opportunities. Responsible for student advising including internship advising and academic course advisement for undergraduate and graduate students to ensure progress toward degrees.
3. Prepare and help students secure internships. Provide individualized student guidance and instruction about internship opportunities, both domestic and international. Advise students on internship application process and deadlines, resume and cover letter preparation and interview skills through meetings, workshops or career related digital sites. Advise students of professional protocol, etiquette and interview skills for success of student internship attainment.
4. Manage student while internship in progress and monitor and grade coursework. Direct and supervise mandatory academic internship courses for undergraduate and graduate students. Responsible for all aspects of teaching DIPL classes including grading, course assignments, and Blackboard administration. Ensure students fulfill academic requirements of the internship courses. Liaise with internship host site and student during time of internship to ensure success for both student and host site. Provide appropriate feedback to students.
5. Assess internship program, all phases. Report and manage data related to internship experiences. ( supervisor assessment, evaluation) Assess internship program satisfaction , strengths and opportunity for enhancements, expanision and growth of the program. Prepare ad hoc reports as needed.
6. School's marketing and communications responsibility. Represent the office at the school's recruitment activities and events including open houses, information sessions, webinars, and campus visits. Work with School's administration and University webteam to keep Internship and Career Development information current. Provide information for internship sites and experiences to University Public Relations and Marketing and school's Director of Marketing. Oversee the update of contact lists of Internship Office, "shared drive" and other databases.
Other assignments as determined by supervisor.
Master's degree in international affairs, higher education administration, career counseling; 3-5 years experience; Knowledge of international relations/affairs field, academic advising knowledge and skills, student career counseling/student development knowledge; Ability to analyze and assess data for reporting; exceptional written and oral communications skills
Familiarity with Banner or comparable student information system knowledge, College Central, Microsoft Office, Blackboard
AD170 - Administrative
General Office Environment
To apply, visit: https://jobs.shu.edu/cw/en-us/job/495051/dir-internships-career-devel
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency