The Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA) is a union, dedicated to improving the workplace and the quality of life for all education employees and to protecting their hard-won rights. Equally important, we are an association of highly qualified professionals, committed to establishing and maintaining optimal conditions for student learning from preschool through graduate school.
The MTA and its 110,000 members work to advance the quality and equity of Massachusetts public schools and colleges by securing the working conditions and professional respect and autonomy of educators, advocating for full funding for public education, and challenging education "reforms" that serve to privatize public education and undermine educator professionalism and the student learning experience.
The MTA is seeking a Director for the Center for Education Policy and Practice (CEPP) which is conveniently located in our Quincy office. The Director of the MTA Center for Education Policy and Practice (CEPP) is responsible for helping to make the MTA the leading voice on public education in the Commonwealth and supporting our organizing and advocacy work in pre-K through higher education, including:
a) collaboratively developing, recommending, and implementing MTA's policies and positions related to public education, from pre-kindergarten through higher education.
b) monitoring, collecting data on, and analyzing education policy issues, regulations, and funding.
c) conducting and utilizing research and analysis of critical issues in education and public policy to develop strategic advocacy and organizing campaigns; and
d) advancing racial, social, gender, and economic justice in public schools and colleges, and protecting public education as a common good.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with MTA staff and governance in responding to proposed regulations, drafts public comment, and testifies at the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education, the Board of Higher Education, and legislative and other hearings as needed.
- Coordinates with other MTA division managers on cross-divisional workgroups and member-staff committees with education policy and practice implications, including Field and Organizing, Government Relations, and Communications.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with leaders in state PreK-12 and higher-education agencies, professional and education associations and organizations, and other non-profit and community organizations with public education interests to inform and advance MTA's policy positions.
- Produces policy briefs, reports, presentations, and other materials for MTA staff, governance, and local leaders as needed.
- Understanding of and commitment to a pro-labor and pro-public education agenda in policy, practice, legislation, and regulations.
- Understanding of and commitment to dismantling systems of oppression that create inequality by race, class, and gender.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of a wide array of PreK-16 education policy and practice issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of how the intersection of education policy and public policy impacts the lives of educators, students, and families, and caregivers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodologies that includes participatory action research, public policy development, and proficiency with data analysis tools.
- Familiarity with the process of planning and building power to advance legislative and advocacy campaigns.
- Willingness to work long hours, nights, and weekends.
*MTA reserves the right to waive any qualifications at its discretion*
The MTA has a competitive compensation program with a robust benefits package that includes: a defined benefit plan, 401k, medical, dental, STD, LTD, paid holidays, and a generous time off program.
The MTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ljKpYJc4GqZPHQ2GcPrqA
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency