Director, Undergraduate Curriculum and BG Perspectives
Bowling Green State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Division: Office of the Provost
Opening Date: 01/25/2024
Location: Main Campus (BG), OH
Job Number: BGSU00328
Department: Office of the Provost
This position: (1) provides oversight, management, administration, and coordination of the operations and functions of various undergraduate academic activities under the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs; (2) leads and/or manages progress of major strategic initiatives and projects that impact BGSU's undergraduate curriculum, programs, University assessment activities, and the integration of technology tools as key elements of that work; (3) provides coordination, analysis, data collection, reports, and other communications in support of undergraduate studies and related activities.
Undergraduate Curriculum Oversight
- Oversees BGSU's undergraduate curriculum development and management process. Works with stakeholders (faculty, department/college curriculum committees, Undergraduate Council, Committee on Academic Affairs, Faculty Senate, Registration and Records, Institutional Effectiveness, and others) to effectively guide new, modified, and deactivated degrees, programs, and courses through the internal and external curriculum approval processes.
- Manages the Curriculum process/system in collaboration with the Graduate College. Identifies and implements improvements and enhancements to the process. Provides annual and ad hoc trainings for BGSU faculty and staff. Ensures appropriate and timely information is on the website. Assists in answering user questions as needed.
- Provides leadership and direction for the BG Perspectives program. Works with stakeholders (faculty, chairs, deans, Institutional Effectiveness, and the BG Perspectives Committee) to identify and implement continuous improvements in the learning outcomes, program, courses, and assessment process that are consistent with BGSU's strategic initiatives, state requirements, assessment results, and national/regional best practices.
- Serves as the BGSU liaison for Ohio Transfer 36 and serve on the Ohio Transfer and Articulation Network Advisor Council (OATN). Coordinates with BGSU's offices of Institutional Effectiveness and Institutional Research to ensure reporting and compliance with internal and external requirements including Ohio Department of Higher Education, US Department of Education, and the Higher Learning Commission. Assists the VPAA in maintaining, updating, and publishing the academic calendar and coordinates with the Registrar on the undergraduate catalog, reviewing and updating academic policies that impact undergraduate education, and on special projects as needed.
- Serves on internal and external committees and advisory groups; attends professional development programs and workshops; attends meetings on behalf of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
- Other duties as assigned
The following Degree is required:
- Master's degree required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
- Master's degree in business, management, education, higher education, curriculum and instruction, or related field
- 5 years higher education experience, which can include teaching, advising, supervision, or administration
- 3 years project management experience
- 2 years experience in curriculum development and/or assessment
- 2 years experience in academic data analysis and reporting
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of the academic functions and roles of curriculum in a college or university setting
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices and principles in curriculum management
- Experience with program design, development and review, and curriculum design, development and review
- Proven ability to analyze, set metrics, and lead implementation of curriculum related activities
- Extensive experience working with or developing curriculum management software
- Excellent leadership, organizational and change management skills
- Commitment to shared governance and consensus building across diverse constituencies
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by February 15, 2024'.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer . We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bgsu/jobs/4362293/director-undergraduate-curriculum-and-bg-perspectives
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency