Associate Director, External Affairs
New York Institute of Technology offers 90 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in more than 50 fields of study, including computer science, data, and cybersecurity; biology and biomedical studies; architecture and design; engineering; health professions and medicine; IT and digital technologies; management; communications and marketing; education and counseling; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education, it welcomes more than 9,000 students worldwide. The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world.
New York Tech embraces its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000 alumni comprise an engaged network of doers, makers, and innovators prepared change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
Reporting to the Executive Director for External Affairs (EA) in the Department of Strategic Communications and External Affairs, the Associate Director of External Affairs will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of strategic partnerships and other external affairs activities, all leading to positioning New York Tech as a premier polytechnic in the NY Metro area and beyond. The main goal of the position is to assist in the development and execution of initiatives, partnerships, and thought leadership events and conferences that support New York Tech's student recruitment & retention, as well as strengthening revenue generation and reputation building efforts. The position is full time and requires coordination with the External Affairs team, including the Events and Hospitality staff members. It may also entail the intermittent use of graduate assistants, work-study students and interns for database, research and routine tasks.
- Support the EA leadership in creating and cultivating strategic partnerships with corporations, government and foundations, with the goal of enhancing our reputation and generating new revenue and countless opportunities for faculty and students across New York Tech. Verticals include community and business organizations, corporations, academic institutions, technical and nonprofit organizations.
- Assist in the development, cultivation and execution of strategic partnerships with external parties, with the goal of enhancing New York Tech's reputation and generating new revenue and opportunities for countless opportunities for faculty and students across the university. Assist in the follow up and management of these partnerships. Verticals include community and business organizations, corporations, academic institutions, technical and nonprofit organizations.
- Participate in external events to help the EA team cultivate relationships and enhance the reputation of New York Tech and identify potential partners. Follow up on leads.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of internal, co-branded and external events on Long Island and NYC, in coordination with the SCEA team.
- Manage projects that strengthen New York Tech's ties to the Long Island educational (e.g., high schools) and business community, employers, government officials and the media. This includes supporting the new Corporate Partnership Initiative.
- Participate in staff meetings to coordinate on various initiatives and to help streamline external affairs processes and protocols of the EA department. Communication with the SCEA team and the New York Tech community
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's degree or MBA preferred
- 5-8 years of direct experience in business and/or marketing
- Experience in Communications / Marketing / Business Development highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with organizations and corporations on Long Island
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to leverage contacts to develop partnerships that benefit New York Tech
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
To apply, visit https://careers-nyit.icims.com/jobs/2028/job
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency