California State University, San Bernardino
Employment Status: Full-time, "non-exempt", probationary position.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; evenings and weekends on a limited basis to support division-wide programming.
Anticipated Salary: $4,416.00 - $4,583.00 monthly
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning March 29, 2021.
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
CSUSB's Division of Student Affairs strives to create a dynamic learning environment through various programs and services that promote student success, enhance the learning experience, and engage students intentionally with communities. The Vice President's Office for Student Affairs supports all division efforts through strategic efforts that increase awareness and create opportunities for partnerships that foster meaningful student experiences at CSUSB.
To apply through our new CSU Recruit System, please CLICK HERE.
Under the general supervision of the AVP for Student Success and Educational Equity (AVPSSEE), the Assistant to the AVPSSEE will provide administrative support for division efforts that support the CSUSB student experience, as well as the Vice President's Office for Student Affairs. The incumbent will be expected to perform administrative and clerical duties such as greeting guests, answering phone calls, calendar support, travel coordination, complete financial transactions in support of division efforts and track financial data as needed, maintaining records, and drafting internal and external communications on behalf of the AVPSSEE, preparing meeting minutes, collect data and sensitive information, and provide administrative guidance to student affairs units that report to the AVPSSEE. In addition, the incumbent will assist with the planning, scheduling, coordination, and other related duties as it related to programs associated with pre-college and TRIO units. The incumbent will also need to maintain and practice confidentiality of sensitive information, as well as understand and have knowledge of university policies to ensure compliance and address questions and concerns, as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree AND/OR the equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Student Affairs and/or higher education knowledge.
- Demonstrated analytical skills utilizing independent judgment and accountability.
- Minimum of 3 years of higher education experience, preferably in Student Affairs.
- Ability to multi-task and how to prioritize projects.
- Work collaboratively with diverse staff, faculty, and students.
- Prior student affairs or higher education experience.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts.
- Demonstrates expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications. Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the applicable program and/or administrative specialty.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, principles, practices, and techniques applicable to the program and/or administrative specialty to develop conclusions and make recommendations.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency