University of Idaho
Assistant Director, SEM Communication Center & Outreach Operations
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $44,200 or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Working with the AVP of Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM), provide leadership and strategic direction to the SEM Communication Center. Serve as the central contact person, principal coordinator and supervisor for the Telecounseling, SMS, Social Medial, and Chat operations as part of the admissions team. In addition, the Communication center partners with other departments on campus to support outreach activities across a wide spectrum of areas.
- Bachelors degree.
- 1 year working in higher education with customer service focus.
- 1 year management experience; techniques and procedures used in program development.
- Experience presenting information clearly and concisely to individuals and small and large groups..
- Experience speaking publicly to small and large groups.
- Masters degree in Student Counseling, Education, Business, Public Relations, or other related field.
- 2-3 management experience with call center experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Extensive experience in recruiting, public relations, sales, marketing, or related field.
- Highly motivated, independent thinker with ability to compile and analyze information.
- Identify and define problems/alternatives and develop recommendations.
- Learn admissions and financial aid requirements and deadlines for high school and transfer students.
- General knowledge about all University of Idaho programs, majors, services, their requirements, restrictions and costs.
- Independently exercise judgment and discretion with little or no guidance, and to be able to make decisions on behalf of the Office of Admissions and the university that are appropriate, timely, and defensible.
- Display strong organizational skills.
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, with individuals and large groups.
- Quickly gain familiarity with university policies, procedures, and programs.
- Work cooperatively as part of a team with a variety of people, including students, faculty, and administrators.
- Promote activities using skills such as writing, advertising, and design.
- Serve as liaison with other departments/institutions.
- Explain and implement policies and procedures.
- A student centered/customer service oriented philosophy.
- Developing, reporting and evaluating programs; knowledge and understanding of the structure and chain of responsibilities within a university.
- Record keeping systems.
- Public relations and marketing principles.
- Use of automation in the workplace.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Ability to obtain membership in admissions and enrollment-based organizations will be required for this position, this may include membership in AICE, IACRAO, PNACAC, WACAC, ACAC, NACAC, NAFSA, AIRC, CIS as determined by department needs and directed by leadership;
- Able to work evenings and some weekends.
Posting Number: SP003492P
Posting Date: 07/21/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is open until filled, however, applications received on or before August 7, 2022 will receive first consideration.
Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Please use your letter of qualification to explain in detail how your work experience, skills, and abilities meet both the required and preferred qualifications as listed in the position description. Your letter of qualification will be used to demonstrate your communication and writing skills to determine your ranking among the other applicants for this position.
For resources about how to write a letter of qualification, please visit the HR website here: Applicant Resources - Careers | University of Idaho (uidaho.edu)
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency