This ad is expired.
Administrative Assistant, Part time - School of Government and International Affairs - HSS
Job ID: 257248
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Performs administrative, clerical and office support responsibilities. Supports assigned leaders, departments and/or units.
1. Performs standard administrative duties in support of the assigned department, division, unit and/or location
2. Serves as an administrative resource for all faculty, staff and guests visiting assigned department, division, unit and/or location and provides assistance as needed
3. Creates, prepares and proofreads emails, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents or communications as requested
4. Responsible for answering office phone providing information and/or transferring/redirecting calls to the appropriate contact
5. Assists with coordinating and scheduling departmental meetings and events, as directed; secures space, equipment, food, and assists with the event as needed
6. Manages all incoming and outgoing mail including UPS, FedEx and DHL domestic and international shipping needs for the office
7. Monitors and assesses office equipment, stationery and supply needs and orders items as needed, including seeking proper authorization for items requiring prior approval
8. Assists with records management including filing, correspondence, analyzing data, tracking and archiving files
9. Will maintain department purchasing card (PCard), cash and/or credit card**
High School diploma or equivalent
One (1) year of related administrative, office or clerical experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience providing administrative support for large teamsPrevious experience in higher education
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to utilize standard office equipment and multi-line telephone systemAble to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
This position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=257248&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency