This ad is expired.
Administrative Assistant I - Academic Affairs (Winter Haven) (2021089)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This administrative support position reports to the Dean, Academic Affairs in Winter Haven and is an excellent opportunity for a administrative role within the College's Academic Affairs Office. We offer a collaborative, creative, and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State!
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Administrative Assistant I position is responsible for providing general administrative assistant support to the Dean, Academic Affairs for the Winter Haven campus. Duties include general clerical, receptionist and administrative duties.
- Assists in the daily operation of an office or department by answering phones, processing correspondence, assisting students, faculty and staff, filing and processing incoming and providing general office administrative support. Assists callers to successful resolution of their requests.
- Investigates and responds to all inquiries regarding invoice payments. Assists in FY budget prep, accounting processes for departmental budget including budget amendments and change orders as needed.
- Uses computer-based software such as MS Word, Excel, etc., and in some cases, department-specific software for internal and external correspondence.
- Ensures smooth departmental operations, tracking staff attendance and time sheet timeliness. Coordinates Team meetings and works with Team members to process College paperwork. Prepares agendas and attends group and committee meetings to take minutes.
This position is a level C14. Please see starting salary range below.
- Good organizational skills, with special attention to details.
- Experience with computer, spreadsheets, word processing, and databases and calculator.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good general office skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- The ability to establish and work well with others
Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent.
Two to three years of similar administrative experience is required.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
- Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of:
- Polk State electronic job application (eApp) with all sections fully completed
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- Background Screening: Reference checks, successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting), and third-party Education Verification for all stated degrees will be required prior to employment.
- Staff Transcripts: For career positions (C10-C18), an undergraduate degree is not required. However, please note that education will be verified for all stated degrees. Submission of official transcripts for all stated degrees will be required as a condition of employment, following receipt of job offer.
- Veterans Preference: Eligible applicants must use the Polk State Veterans' Preference Documentation Form to apply for Veterans Preference for positions in qualifying categories (Career and Protech positions levels P12 P16). All required documentation (Polk State Veterans Preference Form, DD-214, and any other required documentation) must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
- As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
- Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
- This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 23, 2021.
If you need further assistance with your application, please contact the Recruiting Team at Careers@polk.edu.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended, or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns, please contact: Valparisa Baker, Chief Diversity Officer (Title IX Coordinator); 999 Avenue H, NE; Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: WAD 227; 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu with the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Company Location: Winter Haven Campus
Salary Type: Annually
Salary: 12.63 - 13.71 USD
Employment Term: R-Regular
Assignment Type: FULLTIME
Pay Level: C14
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit https://polkstate-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=1618&company_id=16397&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=992991&aid=1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency