This ad is expired.
Administrative Assistant I, Academic Affairs
About Massasoit Community College:
We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. Massasoit currently offers 41 associate degree programs in arts, sciences, and applied sciences and 24 certificates. The College also offers non-credit workforce development certificates; corporate training courses; adult basic education; personal enrichment classes; and Early College programs for high school students.
Students of color make up roughly half of all students enrolled and more than half of all Massasoit students are first generation to attend college. More than 900 students graduate from Massasoit with an associate degree or certificate each year.
Brockton, Massachusetts, home of Massasoit's largest campus, prides itself on its diversity of cultures and is home to approximately 95,000 residents. With a total of 118 acres across all locations, the College also has a campus in Canton, a satellite location in Middleborough, and a new downtown Brockton location, and annually serves students from more than 35 cities and towns in Southeastern Massachusetts. Massasoit is one of the largest community colleges in the state.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer who is committed to increasing diversity across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Administrative Assistant I position reports to the Staff Associate in Academic Affairs and provides administrative support to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, faculty, staff and students within the Academic Affairs Department.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in providing administrative support to faculty and staff within Academic Affairs
- Proofreads and reviews materials and maintains appropriate confidentiality and discretion of all records and correspondence
- Receive and manage inquiries to the division by mail, email, phone, and in person
- Greet faculty, staff, students, and other guests that visit the office suite and provide assistance accordingly
- Process purchase requisitions, order supplies, manage departmental budget, and aid faculty seeking reimbursement for professional development
- Collaborate with college departments to create and maintain academic governance schedule
- Communicate with Student Life, divisional administrative assistants, and other academic support services regarding student, faculty, and unit professional needs on academic governance committees
- Collect curriculum proposals and assemble agenda for Curriculum Committee meetings
- Prepare monthly academic governance packets for distribution
- Schedule, organize, and attend Curriculum Committee and Academic Senate meetings
- Take minutes at Curriculum Committee and Academic Senate meetings and address faculty, staff, and student concerns regarding academic governance as appropriate
- Assist in making corrections to curriculum submissions where appropriate
- Assist in securing signatures and approvals of all pending policy statements and curriculum items
- Work in partnership with the Registrar's Office, Admissions, College Communications, and Enrollment Management to ensure that all curriculum changes and policy statements are implemented in a timely manner
- Oversee Faculty Scholar Awards scholarship and work with Student Accounts to ensure appropriate disbursement to transfer institutions on behalf of the recipient
- Manage Academic Senate election process and ensure that all standing committee vacancies are filled in accordance with by-laws
- Archive all meeting minutes and changes to curriculum or college policy for posterity
- Process tuition remission forms and correspond with Human Resources regarding their status
- Provide support for the maintenance of shared email inbox
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office management, office administration, business administration or business management, the major duties of which included one or more of the following functions: purchasing, personnel management, budgeting, accounting, records management, work simplification, grants management, contract administration or program management, (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. An Associate's or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience.*
II. An Associate's or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
- Associate's Degree in Liberal Arts, Business or Office Management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Critical knowledge of and usage of Banner, Interview Exchange, Self-Service Time and Attendance systems
- Minimum of five years full-time or equivalent part-time office work
- Experience working in higher education, preferably in a community college
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are key
- Confidentiality is essential
- Experience taking meeting minutes and transcribing minutes
- Knowledge of college governance and standing committees
- Ability to work constructively with diverse workforce and student population
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Strong planning, verbal and written communication skills
Position Status: AFSCME union position, full-time, state-funded with benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, occasional nights and weekends as needed
Salary: $1,820.73 bi-weekly ($47,338.98 annually) Grade 15, Step 1
Worksite: This position will be primarily assigned to the Brockton Campus but assignments may include all Massasoit sites.
Classification Specification is available at: https://www.mass.edu/forfacstaff/classificationspecs/home.asp
Deadline to Apply: June 4, 2023
A cover letter and resume are required, please apply online. Resumes will NOT be considered without an accompanying cover letter.
Please Note: Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Title IX and Compliance Officer, Amee Synnott, 508-588-9100, x1304, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 219, email@example.com, or the Dean of Students & Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Jessica Correia, 508-588-9100, x1402, Brockton Campus, Student Center, Room 208A, firstname.lastname@example.org, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
To apply, visit https://massasoit.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=162616
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency