Academic Senate Analyst - 34833-1A
Job Opening ID:34833
Reports To:Associate Director
Working Title:Academic Senate Analyst
Payroll Job Code:007398
Job Location:UCI Campus- Irvine
Percent of Time:100%
Work Schedule:8-5, M-F
The Irvine Division of the Academic Senate represents the Irvine faculty in the shared governance of the University of California. The Academic Senate is empowered by the Regents to determine academic policy, set conditions for admission and granting of degrees, advise the Chancellor on the campus budget, authorize and supervise courses and curricula, and advise the administration on faculty appointments and promotions. A team of knowledgeable Academic Senate Analysts works together to facilitate the work of shared governance.
Uses skills as an experienced professional with a full understanding of analytical practices, policies and procedures; researches, analyzes and develops solutions to a wide range of issues. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Primarily deals with policies, programs and proposals which are complex in nature and diverse in scope. Acts as liaison to the Senate leadership, the Executive Director, the Associate Director, and chairs of the standing committees. Provides comprehensive analytical and administrative expertise that allows the assigned councils, committees, and/or workgroups to consider all matters related to policy and make informed recommendations. The current assigned portfolio, subject to changes, includes the following: (1) Divisional Senate Assembly, Senate Cabinet, the Council on Enrollment Management & Admissions (CEMA), and the Committee on Rules & Jurisdiction (CRJ); (2) Academic Program Review Board support as needed (3) Back-up support for Academic Senate operational continuity as needed.
$59,200 - $72,950
- Three years or more of relevant experience in higher education or other relevant field.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Knowledge of common organization- or research-specific and other computer application programs, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and shared document and online meeting platforms.
- Ability to learn new software as needed.
- Analytical / problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and diplomatically, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong skills in analyzing, researching and synthesizing large amounts of data and pertinent information for preparing sound and relevant proposals / analyses, as well as documenting results and findings.
- Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes, to prioritize tasks in a way that accurately reflects their relative importance, to manage tasks effectively, and to work independently but collaboratively.
- Strong policy analysis techniques and skills in working with a high level of detail in policy procedures and records.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Senate staff, faculty, administrators, and other stakeholders of various backgrounds.
- Knowledge of the Standing Orders of the Regents, Systemwide Academic Senate Bylaws and Regulations, and Divisional Senate Bylaws and Regulations.
- Knowledge of the structure and function of University offices and departments, and their organizational relationships.
- Knowledge of Robert's Rules of Order.
Conditions of Employment
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) seeks to provide a safe and healthy environment for the entire UCI community. As part of this commitment, all applicants who accept an offer of employment must comply with the following conditions of employment:
- Background Check and Live Scan
- Legal Right to work in the United States
- Vaccination Policies
- Smoking and Tobacco Policy
- Drug Free Environment
The following additional conditions may apply, some of which are dependent upon business unit or job specific requirements.
- California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
- Pre-Placement Health Evaluation
Details of each policy may be reviewed by visiting the following page -https://hr.uci.edu/new-hire/conditions-of-employment.php
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by theUC nondiscrimination policy.
We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce along with honoring unique experiences, perspectives, and identities. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500 email@example.com.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency