This ad is expired.
- Academic Resource Manager (Administrator II)
- Go to our website »
Academic Resource Manager (Administrator II)
Job No: 524737
Work Type: Management (MPP)
Location: Dominguez Hills
Categories: MPP, Administrative, At-Will, Full Time, On-site (work in-person at business location)
Working Title: Academic Resource Manager, College of Health, Human Services and Nursing
MPP employees serve at the pleasure of the campus President. MPPs do not serve a probationary period and never receive permanent status.
Classification Title: Administrator II
Position Salary Range: $7,289 - $10,934 per month
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Review of applications will begin Tuesday, February 28, 2023 and the position will remain open until filled.
About the Department/Position
The College of Health, Human Services and Nursing (CHHSN) currently serves over 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students through 6 different career-focused undergraduate and 6 professional Master's degree programs. CHHSN draws its diverse student population from the heart of the LA and Harbor areas, consisting of more than 84% of ethnically diverse students. CHHSN closely works with community partners to commit to improving lifelong health and wellness and to study and develop solutions to critical problems in the field that are locally and globally relevant.
Under the general direction of the Dean, the Academic Resource Manager (ARM) is the chief fiscal officer for the College and is a member of the colleges' administrative team. The primary responsibility is developing, monitoring, planning, and scheduling all fiscal and personnel-related matters of the college.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all financial management and administrative functions, as well as application of accounting principles and practices for the colleges' administrative team.
- Serves as a resource person on fiscal matters, assists in the formulation of fiscal policies and procedures, and is the college liaison for all fiscal duties, planning, policies, procedures, and personnel matters with central administration, departments and groups.
- Manages the Human Resources Process for the College and ensures compliance with employment policies and procedures.
- Produces Part-Time Faculty or staff Contracts in consultation with Principal Investigators (PIs) for grants, Department Chairs/Directors and the Dean.
- Produces College financial/ personnel reports for Dean and various groups.
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree
- Required Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in financial and budgeting analysis and reporting. Responsibility for an entire academic unit to include analysis and projection of expenditures and revenues, contracts and grants, and foundation/auxiliary organization funds.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience which provided the incumbent with working knowledge and experience in conducting performance evaluations, coordination of recruitment and selections processes, handling employee grievances and/or disciplines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of an academic institution
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and multi-level organization
- Collaborative decision-making
- Knowledge of personnel practices
- Skill in managing & analyzing large volume of financial data, complex databases, various business software and electronic mail
- Preferred Education: Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration or a closely related field.
- Preferred Experience: Financial and budgetary experience with the California State University system. Knowledge of CSU collective bargaining agreements. Proficient using computers and software applications as related to fiscal management needs. Ability to extract data, analyze and interpret financial data, verify, and present information utilizing PeopleSoft is preferred. Extensive working knowledge of Access, Excel and Microsoft software for creating and maintaining financial databases. Experience in higher education fiscal affairs, budget preparation, reconciliation, and experience managing instructional budgets of an academic unit. Excellent written, oral, and presentation communications skills.
To view the full position description, click "Position Description" above.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License is required. Employees in this position will be enrolled in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Government Employer Pull Notice Program.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- The CSU strongly recommends that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus. Questions about the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy may be sent to email@example.com.
- The CSU system offers a competitive total compensation benefits package for employees and qualifying dependents, including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and tuition assistance. It is our goal to compensate employees equitably and fairly. You can access a full description of our benefits here.
California State University, Dominguez Hills, is strongly committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce. Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may call the Human Resources Office at (310) 243-3771.
California State University Dominguez Hills is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Applications Close: Open until filled
To apply, visit: https://careers.csudh.edu/en-us/job/524737/academic-resource-manager-administrator-ii
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency