Academic Records Specialist, Registrar's Office, Chalon Campus (UPDATED)
About Mount Saint Mary's University:
Mount Saint Mary's is the only women's university in Los Angeles and one of the most diverse in the nation. The University is known nationally for its research on gender equity, its innovative health and science programs, and its commitment to community service. As a leading liberal arts institution, Mount Saint Mary's provides year-round, flexible and online programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Weekend, evening and graduate programs are offered to both women and men. Mount alums are engaged, active, global citizens who use their knowledge and skills to better themselves, their communities and the world. www.msmu.edu
Mount Saint Mary's University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matters. A background check will be required. Applicants must also provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination of condition of employment.
To maintain academic support services that are qualitative, accurate and above reproach in integrity. This position's primary responsibilities include transfer of credit input, evaluation of progress toward graduation and qualitative maintenance of student records under the supervision of the Associate Registrar. This requires active interaction with academic department chairs, other service departments and program directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the accuracy, integrity and security of all students' registration academic records.
- Assist with the evaluation of transfer of credit and carry full responsibility for data input based on decisions regarding the articulation of transfer credit.
- Assist with the evaluation of student progress toward graduation; honors calculations and graduation checks.
- Assume major responsibility for upkeep and maintenance with the registration and academic records software system.
- Download, prepare and enter course information for the semester schedule.
- Assist in the gathering and entering of data and production of reports, letters and labels, as needed.
- Assist with Cal Grant GPA for Cal Grant applicants (each January and February).
- Assist with general office and receptionist duties, and provide general support services to students, faculty and administrators, as assigned.
- Coordinate the development and updating of the Registrar's Office Procedures Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of academic requirements within the higher education environment.
- Strong computer and word-processing, spreadsheet (i.e., MS Excel), database software application skills.
- Experience with Datatel Colleague Student System is desired.
Abilities and Skills:
- Effectively prioritize, organize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines.
- Exercise judgment and decision making.
- Highly detail-oriented, analytical and accurate.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication, prioritization, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Accurate data entry skills at a rate of 45wpm or better.
- High school diploma; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two or three years of experience within an academic support office.
- Experience in a Registrar's Office preferred.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (West Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.
Please submit cover letter and resume.
To apply, visit https://msmu.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=148954
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-091ab5aabcb0eb48a814c7059134088e