This ad is expired.
- Academic Affairs Manager
- Go to our website »
Job ID: 250527
Location: Savannah State Recruiting Loc
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Savannah State University established in 1890, is the first public historically black college or university in the state of Georgia and the first institution of higher learning in the city of Savannah. The university's students select majors from four colleges - Business Administration, Education, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, and Sciences and Technology. The campus is by far the most picturesque in the state of Georgia. The moss-laden sweeping oak trees, expansive marsh and historic architecture create a resplendent yet tranquil atmosphere. Beneath the beauty and splendor is a vibrant residential campus bursting at the seams with the vim and vigor of quality collegiate life: relevant academic majors, engaging lectures, cutting-edge research, quality student-faculty engagement and a nurturing environment.
The Academic Affairs Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing office operations of the academic affairs office. This position also provides administrative support to the provost/vice president for academic affairs. The ideal candidate must have impeccable people skills, exemplify excellent customer service, be insightful on specific matters, detail-oriented, and have the ability to follow through. The ideal candidate should understand academic policies and procedures.
The individual will serve as the primary and initial point of contact for all student complaints/grievances and will work with the appropriate faculty, staff, and administrators to resolve the concern.
The individual will manage the fiscal operation of the division. The position will also work closely with the assistant vice president of academic affairs and.
The individual will assume lead responsibility for all ceremonies and events that OAA hosts (e.g., Convocations, Commencement, Institutes, etc.) and be responsible for processing and tracking all MOUs and Articulation Agreements related to academic affairs.
- Maintain the USG Major Faculty Events (MFE) Portfolio
- Coordinates travel authorizations and expense reporting for the Provost
- Serves as the academic affairs office ombudsman
- Generates offer letters and annual faculty contracts and mid-year contract addendums
- In concert with the Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs, provides process oversight for faculty performance reviews and tracks records of all aspects of faculty performance review (annual performance, pre-tenure, tenure, promotion, and post-tenure)
- Assists with coordination of activities for fall and spring commencement ceremonies; Founders' Day, Honors' Convocation, and Fall and Spring Institutes
- Utilizes web-based software to input academic policies and route for electronic approval; maintains a database of academic-related policies
- Assists the Academic Suspension Appeals Committee with receipt and dissemination of suspension appeals
- Coordinates communication with students and faculty on behalf of the Provost
- Maintains database and physical copies of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Articulation Agreements (Clerical work)
- Maintains New Programs and Curriculum Committee (NPCC) and Deans' Council websites
- Attends and prepares necessary paperwork for Deans' Council; Direct reports and NPCC meetings
- Transcribes, distributes, and posts minutes for Deans' Council, Direct reports, and NPCC meetings at respective websites
- Coordinates documentation and assists with schedule implementation for comprehensive program review
- Assists with updating Academic Affairs Standard Operating Procedures
- Oversees the fiscal operations of the academic affairs office and serves as the liaison to the director of budgets in the business and fiscal services office
- Monitors and manages the academic affairs office email accounts
- Handles all eProcurement and purchasing for AA. To include tracking and reconciliation
- May be required to perform job-related duties other than those specifically delineated in this position
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited Institution
- Two to three years of higher education office-related work experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Proficiency with Adobe Sign
- Proficiency with Canva and/or InDesign
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Four years of executive-level office experience
- Knowledge and experience with BANNER, PAWS, PeopleSoft, and MFE
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of computer software or programs such as BANNER, PAWS, PeopleSoft, etc.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and mathematics
- Skilled in managing multiple priorities simultaneously with a high level of customer service
- Skilled in the use of small office equipment, including copy machines or multi-line telephone systems
- Ability to learn Savannah State University, University System of Georgia, and Board of Regents policies and ordinances
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and an orientation toward customer service
- Ability to organize, and communicate effectively
- Ability to maintain a professional and confidential work environment
- Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
- Ability to cooperate with fellow employees as a team member
Apply Before Date
For best consideration apply by May 30, 2023. The position is open until filled.
For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Savannah State University, as determined by Savannah State University, its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Savannah State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Savannah State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Savannah State University, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=250527&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency