University of Idaho
Assistant Director for Employer Relations: Events and Operations
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $50,000 annually or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Assistant Director for Employer Relations: Events and Operations plays an important role on the Employer Relations Team. With the priority of increasing connections and improving touchpoints between employers and students/alumni, this position facilitates relationships as well as supports employers holistically. This position provides leadership and oversight with regards to event planning and is responsible for orchestrating all Career Services signature events including career fairs, on-campus interviews, etiquette dinners, Handshake events, and other signature career events. In addition, the Assistant Director for Employer Relations: Events and Operations hires and supervises all Employer Relations interns and student employees, and works with other office supervisors in training all Career Services student employees in approving employers and job postings in Handshake.
- Bachelors degree
- 2 years experience with event planning and program coordination
- Experience providing a high level of customer service to a diverse group of constituents
- Experience entering and retrieving data using a computerized database system
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Masters degree
- Experience working in a college/university career center or human resources recruiting
- Experience working with career services management systems or other recruiting databases (i.e. Handshake, Symplicity, 12Twenty)
- Experience designing and implementing outreach plans and fostering partnerships with external constituents
- Experience supervising/managing student interns or employees.
- Experience working successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Must be eligible for membership in; NACE, MPACE, CEDA, SWEDA, Meeting Professionals International (MPI) and Moscow Chamber of Commerce as budget allows.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during select mornings, evenings and weekends to address event needs.
- Ability to travel regionally, in-state and out-of-state on a periodic basis.
Posting Number: SP003462P
Posting Date: 07/05/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is open until filled, however, applications received on or before July 20, 2022 will receive first consideration.
Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates is identified.
Please use your letter of qualification to explain in detail how your work experience, skills, and abilities meet both the required and preferred qualifications as listed in the position description. Your letter of qualification will be used to demonstrate your communication and writing skills to determine your ranking among the other applicants for this position.
For resources about how to write a letter of qualification, please visit the HR website here: Applicant Resources - Careers | University of Idaho (uidaho.edu)
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency